One of the great things about golf is playing it outside and seeing and walking through the greens. You could smell the fresh air and the wonderful sound of the leaves in the trees when the wind blows. The experience sort of actually connects you with nature and it really feels good!
However as golf is played outside (mostly anyway, as there are indoor golf places now), there are some factors that you need to consider as well with regards to your safety as you are exposed to the elements when you play golf.
On a sunny golf day, heat and radiation are two of the things you have to be worried of. Too much radiation and heat affects the eyes’ ocular tissue really badly. See this study – Radiation Effects On The Eye.
Of course, the hazards of the game won’t stop a player from playing the game he loves. However, you do have to be mindful about this as the effect is quite serious. That is why you have to wear eye protection in this case.
This is where sunglasses for golf come pretty handy and helpful. There are lots of golf sunglasses available out there but in this article, we will list out and review the top-selling and best golf sunglasses below to provide you with some guide from which you might be able to find one that suits your preference.
What Are The Best Sunglasses For Golf?
Something being the “best” actually is a relative thing. It differs from person to person. We can, however, base our ranking on how many customers bought a certain product and how they actually rate it. The list below follows this principle.
Following are the product descriptions and user ratings of each of the above sunglasses.
Product Description – Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses, Arista Gold Frame/G-15 Classic Green Lenses, 55 mm
The Ray-Ban Aviator was originally designed for the US military fighter pilots in 1937 with the aim of providing decreased glare in flight.
With such a design purpose, you would know that it can minimize radiation as low as possible.
It has a gold metal frame that makes for really cool classic look.
It offers superior clarity and 100% UV radiation blocked to 400nm which even exceeds the US standard.
Some sunglasses give you a different feeling when you wear them but the Ray-Ban Aviator is easy on the eyes, comfortable and feels really light.
It comes with a durable and lightweight metal hinge-type frame, alloy lenses and comfortable nose pads. The lenses of these sunglasses are prescription-ready (Rx-able) as well. The price of this pair of sunglasses is about $110 and comes with a one (1) year warranty.
What Do Users Say About The Ray-Ban RB3023 Aviator?
The Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses, Arista Gold Frame/G-15 Classic Green Lenses, 55 mm has a total of one thousand seven hundred and forty-eight (1,748) customer reviews in Amazon.
While 1,303 customers rated it for five (5) stars, 243 others rated it as four (4) stars and 81 buyers gave it three (3) stars. The overall average rating of this product is 4.5 out 5 stars.
Considering the number of reviews made on this product (1,748 – and what about those who didn’t leave a review?) this means at least seventeen hundred people have already bought this sunglasses. Out of those more than 1,700 buyers, 93% (5, 4 and 3 stars) are very happy with their purchase.
With a very positive user rating, a very competitive price and a very iconic brand, the Ray-Ban aviator comes highly recommended.
Product Description – Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses
The design was made from a combination of technologies and patented innovations which are aimed to give you clearer, sharper and more accurate vision which is really good when you’re playing golf in a hot sunny day.
Below are the key features of this sunglasses?
- Has an optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 6 base lens curvature
- The optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- The lens material has a UV protection of PLUTONITE that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- The lens width is 57mm and the lens height is 27mm
- The optional Iridium lens coating provides even more glare reduction and tuned light transmission
- It is available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses ( 2.00 to -4.00 combined power)
- Has a durable, comfortable and lightweight frame made of stress-resistant material
- Features a three-point fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal bolt accents in front frame
- Metal icon accents
- Comes with a 1 year warranty
- Price is about $130 (some are less than 100 depending on the model you select)
What Do Users Say About The Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses?
The total customer reviews for this product is 360 with a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. If we consider the number of customers who gave 5, 4 & 3 stars just like what we did with the Ray-Ban aviator above, 90% of users then said that they are happy with this pair of sunglasses from Oakley.
Many users are common to say that it is pretty lightweight with high-quality lenses and it really is great for intense sun.
With a great brand behind it, a very good star rating and highly positive user comments, you can’t go wrong with the Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses.
Product Description – Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Sunglasses
The Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 is a successor of Oakley’s other successful models such as the Half Jacket and Flak Jacket.
What made it better is because it manages to capture the great features of the older models while improving on the styling and fit.
Key features of the product:
- Made of composite and stress-resistant frame
- With Plutonite lenses that filters out all UV rays
- Three-Point Fit so won’t hook your ears like ordinary frames
- HDO (high-definition optic) lenses are interchangeable
- Meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for optical clarity and impact resistance
- Price is between $110 to $120 (depending on the frame and if with Iridium lens)
What Do Users Say About The Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Sunglasses?
The total customer reviews for this product is 147 with a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. Considering the 5, 4 & 3 stars’ rating, 89.79% of users say that this is a great product.
Many users are common to say that this is a great pair of sunglasses, lightweight and durable. There are some though that commented about its size as it may probably be made for someone with a smaller face.
As this is made by Oakley, you would expect that the craftsmanship and quality is great. Considering the relatively high user appreciation rating of more than 89% and the comment about the size, the Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 is recommended for those with smaller faces.
Conclusion & Closure
In this golf sunglasses review, we talked about the need to protect yourself with the effects of heat and radiation while playing in the golf course.
We also listed down and provided reviews of the top-selling golf sunglasses in the market which were ranked based on the number of buyers and star rating provided by the customers.
The top of the list is occupied by the Ray-Ban RB3023 Aviator with more than 1700 buyers and an overall rating of 4.5/5 stars. In distant second is the Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses and coming in at third is the Oakley Half Jacket 2.0.
You won’t get wrong with any of these sunglasses but just be mindful that the Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 is a great fit for those with smaller faces.
There would probably be lots of golf sunglasses reviews that you could find and read in the internet. We hope, however, that we are able to give you pretty excellent information about which golf sunglasses to choose.
Good luck and don’t forget to wear eye protection when you next play your round of golf.
Golf is undoubtedly a gentleman’s game. It makes sense to keep your emotions under control while playing golf. However an hour in the sun lugging clubs can freak even the most gentlemanly sort of person.
Professionals (and those who can afford of course) generally hire caddies, and pay a sizeable sum for their services as well. But if spending additional money is not a welcome endeavor, then this certainly is not a good idea.
Renting a cart again is not a good option; because on some days you could be lucky and you might get a good cart, but on some days you might end up with stubborn and creaky wheels which could certainly be more annoying than not having a cart at all in the first place.
So the best option is undoubtedly having your own cart. There is a wide range available in the market today, to suit your budget and your needs, from four wheeled carts to three wheeled ones and from those with beverage bottle holders and to those without.
Bag Boy golf cart for example is one brand that comes to mind. This is primarily because they have been in the business since 1946. Also, Bag Boy golf carts are reputedly known for its technically advanced and user-friendly features.
In this article we will try to review and dissect the features of the Bag Boy Quad Plus 4 Wheel push cart and list down necessary details so you would know what to expect should you decide to buy one.
What Are The Features and Specifications of the Bag Boy Quad Plus?
- Built with ultra light weather-resistance aluminum frame
- Fitted with exceedingly stable platform for the wheels
- Has a wide 29″ rear wheel base
- Comes with oversized wheels for rolling through the grass easily
- Wheel dimensions: 9.5” front and 11.5″ rear
- Has an easy one-step handle adjustment for accommodating golfers of all heights
- Has a parking brake that is mounted on the handle for easy access
- Has an extendable wheel base for fitting oversized bags
- Has a quick grab beverage holder
- Equipped with external ball holders
- Has a deluxe scorecard holder with pencil holder, padded compartment and secure umbrella holder
- Comes with lightweight, solid foam, maintenance-free tires
- Pretty tidy when folded. Folded dimension is only: 24″ x 17″ x 16″
- Available in 6 colors to suit your preference: Black, Silver, Red, Navy, White, Yellow
Benefits of The Bag Boy Quad Plus Push Cart
Four wheels instead of three: Four wheels instead of the routine three contributes for ease of movement and increased stability.
The rear wheels which are sized at 11.5” make it easy to roll the cart through the grass.
Ultra Light weather resistance frame: the cart is exceedingly light and has a weather-resistant frame that is ideal for playing even under wet conditions.
Quick Grab Beverage holder: We reckon this is one great feature of the Bag Boy Quad Push Cart. This is included to ensure that you stay hydrated all through the game which is pretty important. You can pause to take a swig from your mineral water bottle or energy drink bottle, while your opponent meditates over the ball.
Easy to fold and unfold: Generally, folding carts are a very complicated business; however the same does not apply to the Bag Boy Quad Push Cart. You can easily fold this cart in a simple two step process. The push cart is exceedingly compact and takes up a minimum space in the boot of your car.
What Do Users Love About The Bag Boy Quad Push Cart?
There is something so special about the Bag Boy Quad Push Cart, which it invariably ends being the neighbor’s envy and the owner’s pride.
Users simply love the Bag Boy Quad Push Cart for its user friendly dynamics and stylish externals. No other push cart comes with such an assortment of colors.
Similarly no other cart in its range has the same set of features as the Bag Boy Quad Push Cart, to simplify the process of playing golf; starting from the external ball and beverage holder, to the adjustable handles, and wheels that easily ride roughshod. All this for a price that is well below $230, makes the Bag Boy Quad a hit.
Some of the comments from users of the Bag Boy Quad Plus 4 Wheel Push Cart:
- It is very easy to fold, unfold and close
- Lightweight and rolls effortlessly
- Easy to push uphill
- Golf bag is held securely with the top strap and stays centered
- No cart folds easier!
- Setting it up and putting it away is a snap
- Heavy-duty and easy to open
- The four wheels really makes a difference in the amount of effort when pushing the cart
- The accessories compartment and the umbrella holder are awesome
- The cart folds really small
Conclusion and Closure
Carrying your golf bag through the golf course is quite a task. If you are happy to carry it all the time then you won’t need a golf push cart. However, if you are already finding it not enjoyable to carry your golf bag, a golf push cart is a very logical thing to have.
Renting a golf cart might not turn out to be a good idea as you don’t know what type of cart you would end up with so it pays to have your own one.
With all the great features, lots of positive comments from users and a very high star rating (4.7 out of 5), the Bag Boy Quad Plus 4-Wheel Push Cart comes highly recommended if you’re considering having your own golf push cart.
Click here to buy the Bag Boy Quad Plus 4-Wheel Push Cart!
Golf is a game that requires infinite amount of patience. By choosing the right set of clubs, accessories and cart, you are saved needless inconveniences that can weaken your game.
While you undoubtedly will choose the best irons possible, do not err while purchasing the push cart. An unwieldy pushcart invariably disturbs the rhythm of the game.
You see, when carrying your golf bag, the first few holes won’t matter, but as you go along the front nine and then to the back nine, whew, even the smallest amount of weight could feel real heavy.
Avoid this feeling, use a CaddyTek CaddyLite one click folding golf push cart.
This golf push cart is light weight and yet durable and has features that will make the game more enjoyable.
What Are The Features of the CaddyTek CaddyLite One Click Folding Golf Push Cart?
Features and Specifications:
- It can be folded easily with one button press. With just one press of a button, you can tidy-up this push cart and stowed away in your car’s trunk.
- Product measures 15.5 inch in length; has a width of 16.5 inches and is 30.3 inches in height
- It weighs about 16.1 lbs with a solid steel frame
- Got a 28″ wide body design for effortless pushing
- Awesome flexible brakes that stop and go free at push
- Has an optional removable seat
- Amazing three EVA maintenance-free wheels which measures 10.5″ x 2.4″ inches front and rear
- Padded and adjustable handles for ease of use
- Comes with integrated scoreboard holder, beverage holder, umbrella holder and storage rack
What Are The Benefits of the CaddyTek CaddyLite One Click Folding Golf Push Cart?
- Light weight and long lasting: The CaddyTek CaddyLite one click pushcart is a light weight. It weighs only 16 lb, much lighter than other push carts in the same range. So carrying your golfing stuff shall cease to be a burden. However do not be beguiled by its weight, for it is incredibly sturdy as well. The aluminium frame can easily withstand the rigors of rough terrains.
- User friendly ergonomics: the CaddyTek folds compactly and neatly with just one button press. It is actually that easy, so goodbye to messy maneuverings. What more the CaddyTek CaddyLite push cart takes minimum possible space and can be easily stored in the trunk of the car. So vacations would no longer mean taking a break from your favorite game.
- Easy maneuverability: the CaddyTek CaddyLite is easily maneuverable not simply because it is light, but because it has the advantage of brakes that push to brake and push to release. No fuss, no fret and the push cart easily glides through fairways. The padded and adjustable handles provide a good grip and allow for multiple pushing positions.
- No more inflating (and deflating) wheels: The CaddyTek CaddyLite push cart does away with whatever that was cumbersome in pushcarts, including the work of inflating.
- Best price compared to other models: when it comes to price, the CaddyTek CaddyLite is undoubtedly a better bargain. The CaddyTek CaddyLite push cart is also covered by the best warranties in the market.
What users love about the CaddyTek CaddyLite One Click Folding Golf Push Cart?
What users love about this golf push cart is its sound ergonomics at a relatively low price.
Users absolutely love the one button click folding option which saves them time and the needless fussing at the parking lot.
One click and ergo, the 30” tall structure collapses into a relatively neat little package, that takes just one third of the space of the trunk.
Many of the features that are available in this push cart are missing from the higher priced ones.
Even otherwise, the CaddyTek CaddyLite One Click Folding Golf Push Cart, performs exceptionally well under all circumstances. It is equally adept on level and hilly terrain.
Do not let your carry-on bag hinder your performance in the golf course, let this accessory serve you well as a great companion so you can play better and enjoy the game more!